Avanzando es la unica forma de dejar atras lo que no necesitamos. Andrea

From: solange_...@hotmail.com
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: tomcat7 in chroot environment
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:09:07 -0500

Hi,

excuse me I have a little problem with the tomcat7 installation. The
tomcat7 install with apt-get for a opengeosuite-server installer in a
chroot with ubuntu environment, the problem is when I want to start the
service in the chroot console it throws me a message:

* tomcat7 is not installed

I change the /var/lib/tomcat7 an /usr/share/tomcat7 folders owner to
tomcat7 because there was with root as owner in the folders in the
chroot environment in the past this resolve the problem in a tipical
installing and change the CATALINA_BASE an CATALINA_HOME in the start
script in the /etc/init.d/tomcat7 with the folders in the chroot
environment.

In the beginning the message when I execute the command service tomcat7
start doesn't throws me nothing, all was normal but I can´t see the web
page or the service running from another machine. I see that the link to
the folder /var/lib/tomcat7 in the chroot environment doesn´t go to a
file inside the chroot I change that to the ubication inside the chroot
then began with the problem.

Regards,

Andrea Freire

Avanzando es la unica forma de dejar atras lo que no necesitamos. Andrea