Raj,

On 5/13/15 10:29 PM, Raj wrote:
> Hi Chris, Thanks for your response. Sorry for the late response as
> I was out of town.
>
> I verified struts-config.xml the files and have this <plug-in
> className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
> <set-property property="pathnames"
>
> value="/org/apache/struts/validator/validator-rules.xml,
> /WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml" />
>
> </plug-in>
>
> There is some changes in Tomcat 5.x and Tomcat 7.x as to how the
> classes are loaded, I have a feeling that is what is the issue. I
> changed the context.xml for my app so that <loader
> delegate="true"/> so the class loader should behave the same way
> but the issue is still present. Can you give some more pointers?

Sure. First, don't change the load order of your class loader. If you
really typed the above, then you haven't changed anything because
<loader> is not valid. It would need to be <Loader> (case matters).

First, I would double-check to see if you have any newline characters
in your "value" above. It probably won't matter, but I don't have any
in mine, and mine works just fine under Tomcat versions 4 through 9.

Where is your file "validator-rules.xml"? In a WAR? If so, where is
the WAR file? On the disk? If so, where on the disk. What is your
CATALINA_HOME? CATALINA_BASE? What is the appBase for your <Host>?

Nothing has changed in Tomcat's resource-loading that should cause a
problem unless you have some kind of very fragile setup. What you have
presented so far looks perfectly normal, and Tomcat should not
interfere with loading that file, just as it's always been able to do.

Thanks,
- -chris