I have lucee (coldfusion) and tomcat7 setup on a windows server 2008r2.

I have a wildcard DNS pointing to the server so any subdomain will forward to main site. for example bob.mydomain.com will forward to mydomain.com via the wildcard DNS entry.

My question is when I go to the site in this example dave.mydomain.com or steve.mydomain.com tomcat takes about 10 seconds to load the page and it also creates a folder in c:\lucess\tomcat\conf\catalina\dave.mydomain.com that has root.xml

Why does it need to create these directories? And why does it take so long to load?