On 20/05/2015 04:40, Dave H wrote:
>> I have lucee (coldfusion) and tomcat7 setup on a windows server 2008r2.
>>
>> I have a wildcard DNS pointing to the server so any subdomain will
>> forward to main site. for example bob.mydomain.com will forward to
>> mydomain.com via the wildcard DNS entry.
>>
>> My question is when I go to the site in this example dave.mydomain.com
>> or steve.mydomain.com tomcat takes about 10 seconds to load the page
>> and it also creates a folder in
>> c:\lucess\tomcat\conf\catalina\dave.mydomain.com that has root.xml
>>
>> Why does it need to create these directories? And why does it take so
>> long to load?

Those are good questions but ones you need to ask the coldfusion folks
as Tomcat won't do this by default (or even with config).

It looks like every time a new host name is seen a new default host with
a default web application is created. That raises a number of DoS
questions (time taken for these requests to process, disk space usage, etc).

Mark