On 5/22/2015 8:18 AM, Ori Raz wrote:
Hello experts,

We got an application based on tomcat 7.0.23 and all working fine.

We are trying to apply our self-signed certificate and encountering some
problems.

I hope that the procedure I did is correct :)

This is the procedure we followed:

  1. copy the certificate file under this location:
/opt/primecentral/install/utils/sslgen/vlg-cipr-pcpil1.megafon.ru.cer

2. remove existing entries:
    keytool -delete -alias tomcat -keystore
/opt/primecentral/install/utils/sslgen/prime.keystore
    keytool -delete -alias tomcat -keystore
/opt/primecentral/XMP_Platform/jre/lib/security/cacerts

3. insert new entries:
     keytool -importcert -file
/opt/primecentral/SHARED/certificate/vlg-cipr-pcpil1.megafon.ru.cer
-keystore /opt/primecentral/install/utils/sslgen/prime.keystore -alias
tomcat
keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore
/opt/primecentral/XMP_Platform/jre/lib/security/cacerts -trustcacerts -file
/opt/primecentral/SHARED/certificate/vlg-cipr-pcpil1.megafon.ru.cer

  once done - restarted the tomcat.

After the restart of tomcat, I get the message that server started and
catalina is empty (normal as there is no error...) hence all looks good.

I can also see that tomcat process is up and port is listening:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8443                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      18724/java

  But, when trying to open browser to the server, then I get "This page
cannot be displayed".

What is the full url you're entering in your browser?

I cannot locate any errors/exception in the server side.

Can anyone please assist? we are in a dead end :)

  Thanks a lot,

Barc