Thank you Christopher for your reply.

I always make a backup before changes :) luckily :)

I reverted back and tried without deleting the entries and getting this:

primeusr@sagi-vzadik-01 [~]# keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias tomcat
-file /opt/primecentral/SHARED/certificate/vlg-cipr-pcpil1.megafon.ru.cer
-keystore /opt/primecentral/install/utils/sslgen/prime.keystore
Enter keystore password:
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Public keys in reply and keystore don't
match
primeusr@sagi-vzadik-01 [~]# keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias tomcat
-file /opt/primecentral/SHARED/certificate/vlg-cipr-pcpil1.megafon.ru.cer
-keystore /opt/primecentral/XMP_Platform/jre/lib/security/cacerts
Enter keystore password:
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Certificate not imported, alias
<tomcat> already exists
primeusr@sagi-vzadik-01 [~]#

Regarding the import you wrote -
 $ keytool -import -alias ${HOSTNAME} -file ${HOSTNAME}.crt
-keystore${HOSTNAME}.jks

Isnt that this one or am I missing something:
keytool -importcert -file
/opt/primecentral/SHARED/certificate/vlg-cipr-pcpil1.megafon.ru.cer
-keystore /opt/primecentral/install/utils/sslgen/prime.keystore -alias
tomcat

as mentioned, catalina-<date>.log is empty... I cannot see any other
relevant logs (if you can point me to other log -please do :) )

If I try to connect to ssl localy, then with the original certificate it
workes, but with the new one - here is the output:
primeusr@sagi-vzadik-01 [~]# openssl s_client -connect 10.56.57.65:8443
CONNECTED(00000003)
4954:error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert
handshake failure:s23_clnt.c:583:
primeusr@sagi-vzadik-01 [~]# openssl s_client -connect 127.0.0.1:8443
CONNECTED(00000003)
5050:error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert
handshake failure:s23_clnt.c:583:

Thanks,
Barc