I'm making the switch to running all my tomcats on Linux.
I'm planning to deploy multiple instances per machine, splitting catalina_base
and catalina_home, and just have question on the shutdown port.
Under Windows, I just deployed the binary with the commons daemon wrapper and
set the shutdown port to -1 and let the daemon manage the orderly shutdown.
Is it possible to set the port to -1 under Linux and do something similar?
Preferably without deploying the daemon wrapper also, though I'm willing to do
if necessary.  I am planning to manage them with service/init scripts for
startup and shutdown.

Jeffrey Janner
Sr. Network Administrator
jeffrey.jan...@polydyne.com<mailto:first.l...@polydyne.com>
PolyDyne Software Inc.
Main:   512.343.9100
Direct:  512.583.8930

 [cid:image002.png@01CC0FB7.4FF43CE0]

Speed, Intelligence & Savings in Sourcing