From: Jerry Malcolm [mailto:techst...@malcolms.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 29 July, 2015 1:39 PM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: "Too Many Connections" exceptions after moving to Tomcat 8

I am trying to move my client to Tomcat 8 from 7.  We've been on 7 for a year
or two and have not had any major issues.  I read through the 7-->8 migration
instructions.  As far as I can tell, I have renamed all of the resource config
parameters that changed (maxTotal, maxWaitMillis, removedAbandonedOnBorrow).
But after running for a couple of hours, I start getting "Too Many Connections"
exceptions when connecting to the db.  Granted, there's a chance I have some
connection leaks in the code, and I'll look into those.  But this hasn't been
an issue on 7 for the past year or two.  And shouldn't removeAbandoned clean
those up?  I've got logAbandoned set to 'true', and nothing is showing up in
the logs.
Is this exception referring to running out of available connections in the pool?

Is there something else I need to change in the configuration to move to Tomcat
8 that I've overlooked?

Thanks.

Jerry