> Currently, we have multiple Tomcat nodes running on a single or on
> different physical machines with each having its own object pool
> (consider we have a pool of java String object but not connection
> pool) i.e., an object pool per node. The requirement is to share this
> pool of objects across Tomcat nodes.
>
> Is there any such implementation that we can readily use to achieve
> this?

Another solution is the Infinispan data grid http://infinispan.org . It is
released under the Apache 2.0 open source license. I'm integrating it into my
application at the moment. I have the same requirements that you have. The
documentation and the examples are extraordinary good, perhaps a little bit
overwhelming.

Greetings,
Jessica