On 01/09/2015 10:20, Nikitha Benny wrote:

<snip/>

> 1.) *So the question is, during a default Tomcat install, where is it
> defined that which dirs Tomcat scans* ?

That is not defined during installation.

It is controlled by the JarScanner component:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/jar-scanner.html

> It should not scan the /cfmu/appcm dir

It should, if that directory has been placed on the web application
class path.

> 2.) *Can you give me a clue why this dir is scanned, and how this can be
> changed*?

It has been added to the web application class path.

Note: Tomcat constructs the web application class as per the docs:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

Mark