Hi,

We have a webserver and an appserver, and the webserver talks to the
appserver on port 8007.  Every once the communication will stop, and we
will notice an error on the webserver saying that it can't talk to the
appserver.  When this happens, I will run a netstat -an |grep 8007 on the
appserver, and there are hundreds of connections to that port.  When I
restart the app, it will be back to about 10 connections, and they will
start growing again.

I'm trying to figure out why they are growing so quickly, and why they
aren't dying when the connection is no longer needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry Cohen