Sreyan,

On 9/10/15 8:10 AM, Sreyan Chakravarty wrote:
> Yes but that requires implementing your own credential handler.

Sorry, I thought you had implemented your own credential handler.

> But the default one will still have the bug.

Oh, I was just suggesting that fix as something temporary until an
updated version of Tomcat is released where this bug is fixed. The fix
is trivial, so I have no doubt it will be in the next release.

> Right now I am thinking of using an authentication framework like
> Apache Shiro.

Feel free to do that. You'll have to implement a lot of plumbing code
yourself to use Apache Shiro. (It seems like Tomcat ought to support
Shiro, eh? Maybe we should get together with them to build an
out-of-the-box configurable component in Tomcat).

- -chris

> No, I don't think I will.
>
> However, since you wrote your own CredentialHandler, you could
> merely patch it to check in the matches() method for null.
> Something like this:
>
> @Override public boolean matches(String inputCredentials, String
> storedCredentials) { if(null == storedCredentials) return false;
>
> return matchesSaltIterationsEncoded(inputCredentials,
> storedCredentials); }
>
> Then you can resume your testing.
>
> -chris

As far as I know it must be same algorithm, salt and