Ok, I'm embarrassed.

I've got a UBUNTU (GUI included) install of Tomcat7 installed from command
line.

Inside my machine I have what looks like two locations that play a key role.

****OPTION 1 for the jdbc.jar file?****
  I think that this is the "$CATALINA" base
         Folders Inside: (bin, common, conf, lib, log, server, shared)
         Files Inside: (defaults.md5sum, defaults.template,
logrotate.md5sum, logrotate.template)

****OPTION 2 for the jdbc.jar file?****
 I'm not sure if this would be the "$CATALINA" home
         Folders Inside: (common, conf, logs, server, shared, webapps, work)
         **When I upload a .war file from the
http://localhost/manager/html interface
it is placed in the "webapps"**

****OPTION 3 for the jdbc.jar file?***  *This is working, but I am going to
write multiple apps which would use this .jar file.
do I just include multiple copies of the .jar, or is there a central place
to put it (please no jokes here).
[image: Inline image 2]

Andy...