Ognjen,

On 10/22/15 9:10 AM, Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:
> Jose & Chris,
>
> On 21.10.2015 20:47, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> Jose,
>>
>> On 10/21/15 7:33 AM, Jose María Zaragoza wrote:
>>> IMHO
>>>
>>> $CATALINA_HOME/lib  would be the right place
>>
>> +1
>
> Are you willing to elaborate why do you prefer $CATALINA_HOME instead of
> $CATALINA_BASE?
>
> I don't have multiple Tomcat instances running, but I still split
> $CATALINA_HOME and $CATALINA_BASE to different directories in order to
> make Tomcat upgrades easier. Everything that is different from original
> installation goes to $CATALINA_BASE (bin/setenv.sh, conf/*, logs,
> webapp, etc... as well as additional jars including lib/(jdbc).jar. Thus
> when I upgrade Tomcat and change $CATALINA_HOME I don't have to think
> about additional jars.

Our build process auto-builds CATALINA_BASE and so it's (marginally)
more convenient to have it in CATALINA_HOME. We also have 4 applications
running on each server from the same CATALINA_HOME and different
CATALINA_BASEs, but they all use the same JDBC driver.

IMHO, it doesn't matter which one you use. I would have +1'd Jose
whichever one he said. Honestly, CATALINA_BASE is probably much better,
since it won't interfere with other applications that might not need the
driver, or might require a different version, etc.

-chris