Hello Chris,
Thanks for your response.  There was nothing else in the log (see below),
but with the latest version of tomcat 7 (7.0.67), I was able to start the
downloaded version of tomcat with -security enabled.  I will review my
deployment procedures to try and narrow down the problem further.  It may
be one of my war files that is causing the issue.  I greatly appreciate
your help.

Best Regards,
David