On 26/01/2016 21:58, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
> On 1/26/16 12:55 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>
>> If you are explicitly configuring the APR connector and the APR
>> library (or some required dependency -- e.g. OpenSSL -- then Tomcat
>> will not start.
>
> to which I just replied:
>> This is quite literally straight out of apache-tomcat-7.0.67.zip.
>> We're currently using 7.0.54 on our own AS/400, and we have customer
>> boxes anywhere from 7.0.47 to 7.0.62. And we use JSSE for SSL.
>
> I just noticed something about my original email.
>
> Somehow, the crucial exception itself got missed when I was cutting and
> pasting from the terminal session into the email, which suggests.
>
> Immediately following the INFO message about APR came the exceptions and
> stack traces, reproduced here:

Setting xmlParsingProtection="false" on the
JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener should stop the exception.

It looks like your XML implementation isn't compatible for the fix for
that memory leak. I never did get to the root of what triggered the
memory leak. It may be that your XML implementation doesn't suffer from
it. Either a way a possible memory leak is probably better than a server
that won't start.

Mark