On 1/26/16 2:25 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
Setting xmlParsingProtection="false" on the
JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener should stop the exception.

It looks like your XML implementation isn't compatible for the fix for
that memory leak. I never did get to the root of what triggered the
memory leak. It may be that your XML implementation doesn't suffer from
it. Either a way a possible memory leak is probably better than a server
that won't start.

Ok, but how? Is there a way to do that from a configuration file? I'm looking at <https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/listeners.html> but I don't have a clue what to do with what I see.

Please don't tell me that it's something that requires recompilation from source. Assuming I could even get Tomcat to compile from source, I wouldn't be inclined to trust my own build.

--
James H. H. Lampert