Hello again Christoph,

I think there is a problem with the way that I installed the APR library.
If you recall, I installed a compiled version from the distros with the
commands
yum install apr-devel openssl-devel tomcat-native

I get the desired "Loaded APR based library" in my logs.
However, every time I shut down tomcat I get a warning:

WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractEndpoint.shutdownExecutor
The executor associated with thread pool [http-apr-8080] has not fully
shutdown. Some application threads may still be running

If I remove the packages that I installed (yum remove apr-devel
openssl-devel tomcat-native) then this warning goes away.

Is there something that I forgot to configure when installing the APR
library?

Thank you
_