Hi All

When I put the context in server.xml it works fine, but if I put the same
context tag in a xml file under /conf/Catalina/localhost/test.xml then
tomcat doesn't pick it up. I would rather want to use the latter.

The test.xml is
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context docBase="/opt/tomcat/webapps/test">

Its a set up where the tomcat user has no write access to /webapps only
read. The war has been exploded to /webapps/test. Auto deployment is
disabled. In server.xml I have autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false",
unpackWARS="false". The tomcat user only has read access to
/conf/Catalina/localhost/test.xml. Its tomcat 8 on linux.

What Am I missing?