On 2/20/2016 4:28 PM, Me Self wrote:
I already tried an empty Context tag and no Context tag, makes no
difference. Catalina.out has not error. I tried setting logging level FINE
to see if there were anything related to how it scans
conf/Catalina/localhost/ but nothing.

Have you carefully checked your permissions on the context xml, and the actual directory where the application is deployed? I mean really carefully?

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Caldarale, Charles R <
chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:

From: Me Self [mailto:wmso...@gmail.com]
Subject: context doesnt pick up
When I put the context in server.xml it works fine, but if I put the same
context tag in a xml file under /conf/Catalina/localhost/test.xml then
tomcat doesn't pick it up. I would rather want to use the latter.
The test.xml is
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context docBase="/opt/tomcat/webapps/test">
What Am I missing?
Reading the doc, which for the docBase attribute states:
"The value of this field must not be set unless the Context element is
defined in server.xml or the docBase is not located under the Host's
appBase."

I suspect that if you examined the logs you would find an error message
related to deployment of the test webapp.

If all you have in the <Context> element is the docBase and your webapp is
located in the <Host>'s appBase directory, you don't need a <Context>
element at all.

  - Chuck

received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
its attachments from all computers.