On 21/06/2016 14:43, Andrei Ivanov wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 21/06/2016 13:43, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>
>>> I'll take a look at the code and see if I can figure out how this is
>>> happening. Are you able to build 8.5.x from source to test any changes I
>>> might make?
> If all it needs is a Java tools, I can build.

Tomcat is a lot easier to build that it used to be. You need Ant, svn
client and an internet connection. For details see:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/building.html

If you prefer (although there are no explicit instructions) you can
replace svn with git and use the mirror at:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat85

> Btw, tcnative is 1.2.7, the one that came in
> apache-tomcat-8.5.3-windows-x64.zip.

I guessed you were using that version but wanted to be sure.

>> I have a theory which can be proved/disproved with some extra logging.

<snip/>

> Restarted Tomcat and Firefox.
> The following are just from loading the login form and its
> dependencies (css/js).

<snip/>

> 21-Jun-2016 13:38:41.122 FINE [https-openssl-apr-8443-exec-6]
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$AprSocketWrapper.fillReadBuffer
> An APR general error was returned by the SSL read operation on
> APR/native socket [1,852,286,144] with wrapper
> [org.apache.tomcat.util.net.
> AprEndpoint$AprSocketWrapper@1dfa0278:1852286144]. It will be treated
> as EAGAIN and the socket returned to the poller.
> 21-Jun-2016 13:38:41.125 SEVERE [https-openssl-apr-8443-exec-6]
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process Error
> reading request, ignored
>  java.lang.IllegalStateException

Bingo!

That proves the theory. Thanks for testing it so quickly. I should be
able to put together a fix for this fairly quickly. I'll update this
thread when I have the fix ready to test. If you're able to build Tomcat
8.5.x locally by then, great. If not, I can always provide a snapshot
build for you to test with.

Mark