On 14.07.2016 22:09, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 14/07/2016 21:14, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 14/07/2016 09:26, Jäkel, Guido wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>>> So maybe there should be a special code path in case of an ongoing
>>> initialization on the top like the 'if(unloading)' clause. The note states,
>>> that one can't decide if a Servlet implements SingleThreadModel until
>>> (if possible) or thrown back with an exception. If this will lead to an
>>> overall exception for the MBean request, this might be "the right thing",
>>> because at leaset one of the returned information can't be answered yet at
>>> this moment (during initialization of the servlet).
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>> Something along those lines, yes.
>
> Fixed in svn for:
> 9.0.0.M10 onwards
> 8.5.5 onwards
> 8.0.37 onwards
> 7.0.71 onwards

Dear Mark,

thank you a lot for giving your time and knowledge to follow and confirm my
thoughts on this complex and inscrutable issue and fixing it at the core within
a day!

I take a look at  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1752739
and I found that you picked up my suggestion of "a conservative way to answer
the question about isSingleThreadModel()". I was close about to use the term
"three-state" but I just forgot that with Java one may code this in this
elegant way.

I'm already on a short holiday until Monday, but I can start to verify it right
then. Because I'm using Gentoo Linux, I might bump the ebuild to this version
within minutes, if an official source tarball is already available then. Or I
may apply it as a patch to the 8.0.32 because it's just a few lines.

I'll give feedback ASAP. Our home-brewed "Multi-Tomcat Monitoring Scoreboard"
is an excellent stress test ;)

greetings

Guido