Ok I'll see if I can dig BC out of the application and have it actually start
up to try to see if that's the case.

You're saying there are known compatibility issues with Tomcat NIO https if you
register another j2ee security provider? The errors we're seeing don't seem
crypto related apart from only appearing over https.

On Jul 20, 2016 1:56 AM, R?my Maucherat <r...@apache.org> wrote:

> Without JCE or BC? Both are pretty critical for core functionality and
> didn't cause any issues until 8.5.3 entered the mix. Any known issues there
> I should be aware of?

You still need to test something. You don't describe anything out of the
ordinary other than that and we don't get issues at all with 8.5, so an
investigation has to start somewhere.

Why is BC critical for core functionality ? JSSE doesn't work for you ? Is
tomcat-native installed [OpenSSL could be used if that is the case] ?

R?my