> From: Igal @ Lucee.org [mailto:i...@lucee.org]
> Subject: Host appBase vs. Context docBase

> Suppose that I have an application at C:\WebApps\App1

Suppose you tell us your Tomcat version.

> <!-- option 1 !-->
> <Host name="App1"appBase="C:\WebApps\App1" autoDeploy="false">
> </Host>

> <!-- option 2 !-->
> <Host name="App1" autoDeploy="false">
>       <Context path=""docBase="C:\WebApps\App1" />
> </Host>

Both of the above are incorrect.  It is highly unlikely that you want the
<Host> name to be App1.  The appBase attribute of <Host> must point to a
directory where one or more webapps are located for automatic deployment.  It
must never point to a specific webapp.  The path attribute of the <Context>
element must not be used unless the <Context> element is in server.xml, which
it should not be.  The docBase attribute is used only when the <Context>
element is located in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml.

You need to read the documentation for <Context>, <Host>, and deployment for
the Tomcat version you're using.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.