Hello,
did you received some real config?
Roberto.

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Igal @ Lucee.org [mailto:i...@lucee.org]
Inviato: venerdì 7 ottobre 2016 21:57
A: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Oggetto: Re: Host appBase vs. Context docBase

> Suppose you tell us your Tomcat version.
I'm using Tomcat 8.5.5 -- not sure how relevant that is since AFAIK this has
not changed in years.

> It is highly unlikely that you want the <Host> name to be App1
Of course that my host name is not App1, that was to remove fluff and to
keep only the relevant information in the email.

> The path attribute of the <Context> element must not be used unless
> the <Context> element is in server.xml, which it should not be
I actually prefer it to be in server.xml

> The docBase attribute is used only when the <Context> element is
> located in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml
That is definitely not true.  I've set up Tomcat many many times like this
and it works.  I may have not set it up the best way, hence my question
here, but the docBase attribute is indeed, used.

> You need to read the documentation for <Context>, <Host>, and deployment
for the Tomcat version you're using.
It would have been nice to see some real life examples of complete
configurations.

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org <http://lucee.org/>

>> From: Igal @ Lucee.org [mailto:i...@lucee.org]
>> Subject: Host appBase vs. Context docBase Suppose that I have an
>> application at C:\WebApps\App1
> Suppose you tell us your Tomcat version.
>
>> <!-- option 1 !-->
>> <Host name="App1"appBase="C:\WebApps\App1" autoDeploy="false">
>> </Host>
>> <!-- option 2 !-->
>> <Host name="App1" autoDeploy="false">
>>        <Context path=""docBase="C:\WebApps\App1" /> </Host>
> Both of the above are incorrect.  It is highly unlikely that you want the
<Host> name to be App1.  The appBase attribute of <Host> must point to a
directory where one or more webapps are located for automatic deployment.
It must never point to a specific webapp.  The path attribute of the
<Context> element must not be used unless the <Context> element is in
server.xml, which it should not be.  The docBase attribute is used only when
the <Context> element is located in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml.

> You need to read the documentation for <Context>, <Host>, and deployment
for the Tomcat version you're using.

>   - Chuck

attachments from all computers.