Hi all,
  I have tomcat 8.0.39 running on a raspberry pi (easy) and thought I'd try
setting it up to provide "skills" for the Amazon Echo Alexa service.  This
requires a url which "presents" either a signed certificate, or a
self-signed certificate.

Using fiirefox to check, I believe I got it presenting a self-signed
certificate but, as I have bought a domain name with a free certificate, I
thought I get that running before moving on to delivering skills.

A month later (this is not my day job) I'm still stuck.  sslchecker is the
most informative and says no certificates were found.  It does say "Server
Type: Apache-Coyote 1.1"

No messages on catalina.out; occasionally a message on xxx_access_log
saying "HEAD / HTTP/1.1" 200 -"  openssl verify just hangs; and Firefox
says secure connection failed.

The problem might be an issue with the CA; it might be my keystore; it
might be my tomcat settings.  I don't think it is the latter because the
self signed certificate seemed to work.  I don't think it is the CA or
keystore because I can a) verify the certificate chain with openssl and the
keystore tells me I have the certificates I think I have.

I have googled for getting tomcat to give some debug information but what
I've found so far has no effect.  Can someone point me to the official
how-to debug ssl issues on tomcat?

Thanks in advance,

Peter