Ciao Joleen,
maybe you could retrieve this information connecting via JMX (JConsole,
VisualVM) to the tomcat instances.
According to the way the datasource is configured, you could find a JMX
bean exposing this information.
Before that, tomcat should be launched in a way JMX connections are allowed
from remote.
For example, connecting via JMX I can find something under Catalina/Data
Source/etc etc.
HTH