Diago,

On 1/24/17 11:40 AM, Macca, Diego wrote:
> On 1/24/17 8:24 AM, Macca, Diego wrote:
>>> Has somebody of you ever tried to configure certificate mutual
>>>  authentication between a MS IIS webserver and a Tomcat
>>> instance?
>
>> You want IIS to present a client certificate to Tomcat? Tomcat
>> shouldn't have a problem with that.
>
> Yes, that's what I need. Tomcat does not have any problem and it
> works well with Apache. It seems that IIS is not able to present
> the certificate when I configure it as reverse proxy (so when it
> should act as a client).
>
>>> Does somebody know if this is even possible in IIS ?
>
>> You'd have to configure IIS's HTTP proxy to use a client
>> certificate.
>
> Do you know how to configure it ? I mean, IIS does the reverse
> proxy things but I need it also to send the present to Tomcat.

I don't know at all how to configure it, unfortunately.

Do you need to have IIS *forward* the actual client's certificate to
Tomcat, or do you want to use a static client cert just from IIS? If
you want to forward the cert, you might find this useful:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/asiatech/2014/01/27/configuring-arr-wit
h-client-certificate/