Thanks, we will try your suggestions. In the meantime we logged a request in
Microsoft.
I'll keep you posted.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
Sent: 24 January 2017 22:46
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Mutual certificate authentication between Tomcat and MS IIS

Diago,

>>> You want IIS to present a client certificate to Tomcat? Tomcat
>>> shouldn't have a problem with that.
>
>> Yes, that's what I need. Tomcat does not have any problem and it
>> works well with Apache. It seems that IIS is not able to present the
>> certificate when I configure it as reverse proxy (so when it should
>> act as a client).

>>> You'd have to configure IIS's HTTP proxy to use a client
>>> certificate.
>
>> Do you know how to configure it ? I mean, IIS does the reverse proxy
>> things but I need it also to send the present to Tomcat.
>
> I don't know at all how to configure it, unfortunately.
>
> Do you need to have IIS *forward* the actual client's certificate to
> Tomcat, or do you want to use a static client cert just from IIS? If
> you want to forward the cert, you might find this useful:
> https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/asiatech/2014/01/27/configuring-arr-w
it

h-client-certificate/

If you want to install a single certificate into the reverse-proxy, perhaps
this can help:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/benjaminperkins/2014/06/02/configure-ap
plication-request-routing-arr-with-client-certificates/

Any e-mail message from the European Central Bank (ECB) is sent in good faith,
but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by the
ECB except where provided for in a written agreement. This e-mail is intended
only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Any unauthorised disclosure,
use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, is prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via e-mail
and delete this e-mail from your system. The ECB processes personal data in
line with Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision ECB/2007/1. For any further
information you can consult the Data Protection Disclaimer on the ECB webpage.
In case of queries, please contact the ECB Data Protection Officer
(d...@ecb.europa.eu). You may also contact the European Data Protection
Supervisor.