Chris,

On 2/16/17 1:08 PM, Chris Keilitz wrote:
> I'm assuming, once configured properly, the Tomcat JDBC connection
> pool would output log messages. Unfortunately, I currently get no
> console or file output...even after trying numerous
> logging.properties changes.

Specifically? Would you mind sharing your configuration? Also, where
is your logging.properties file located, and what is the search path
of your class loader?

> I'm hoping for a little help to understand the proper way to
> configure a stand alone usage of Tomcat JDBC.

Having the tomcat-juli.jar library around plus a logging.properties
file should be sufficient. You may have conflicting logging.properties
files available to the classloader.

- -chris