Hi,

I see that since 8.0.38 we added a scanManifest props to JarScanner.
But when I added the props
into: container/tomcat8x/apache-tomcat-8.0.38/conf/context.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context>
    <WatchedResource>${catalina.base}/conf/web.xml</WatchedResource>

    <!-- Uncomment this to disable session persistence across Tomcat
restarts -->
    <!--
    <Manager pathname="" />
    -->

    <!-- Uncomment this to enable Comet connection tacking (provides events
         on session expiration as well as webapp lifecycle) -->
    <!--
    <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.CometConnectionManagerValve" />
    -->
<JarScanner scanManifest="false" /></Context>

It doesn't work and the prop is still true on startup:

​
Must I put this in the context.xml of the webapp itself. I deploy the
webapp via a war file and have no control over the war content until tomcat
deploys it which is too late...

Is there any other way for me to turn this off using global config of
tomcat.

Thanks much.

Regards,

Hoa Phan