I have an app using CXF/REST/Spring/JDBC that is working pretty well in TomEE
(7.0.1).  I'm trying to move it to Tomcat (8.5.11) because it doesn't need to
be in TomEE, and I'm having problems adding additional features due to aspects
of TomEE.

I'm first testing the port by running Tomcat in Eclipse.  I had previously
verified that the app works fine in the same environment when running in TomEE.

I moved all of my Resource and Environment entries to the Tomcat context.xml
file.

When I start it up, I'm seeing errors like the following:
-------------------
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 1
in XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]
is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
http://.../ProxyWarning.html; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 3; The markup in the
document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:399)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
http://.../ProxyWarning.html; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 3; The markup in the
document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:203)

That URL that I've elided is the page we see in our enterprise when we try to
reach the internet without going through our proxy.

So, this app that was working fine in TomEE now is getting this proxy error
when it runs in Tomcat.  Any ideas what I might be missing?