Am 30.03.2017 um 21:51 schrieb Utkarsh Dave:
> Hi Andre,
>
> I suppose we should read 1.2 GB here ? Yes
> Anyway, why do you say "which is enough" ? How do you know ? By the past
> test results. that we have been doing on each application
> And do not top-post. How do we know what you are responding to ? By
> scrolling up and down ?
Wow, despite the ask to not-top-post you not only continue to top-post,
but embed your answers in the lines that Andre wrote... This is really
hard to read.

Let's summarize what we have so far:
You have a tomcat that has 58 applications deployed, runs on 1.2 GB
heapspace, has been tested earlier to work with these settings.
I'm assuming that you've updated one or the other application since the
test that you have done in order to determine that the memory settings
are sufficient - maybe even updated some of the third party applications
in there.
This might be the point where you have an argument to validate if your
test results are still correct - e.g. if 1.2 GB are still enough for
your current setup.

As I said before, a leak can only be considered a leak when it goes
steadily up - otherwise it could be a deliberate tradeoff decision of
memory vs processing time. Or a byproduct of a changed implementation in
a new version.

And if you haven't updated any of the applications, libraries or tomcat
since you measured: Your load might have gone up, using up more
resources, triggering GC more often, eating up your resources.

Does this summary give you hints what to do? If it doesn't: Try adding
heapspace, you might need it. If the problem goes away you don't have a
leak, you've just reached the limit of your current setup. It's
astonishing to me anyway that you are able to host that number of
applications with only 1.2GB of heapspace. They must not be big.

Olaf