On 01/05/17 20:24, Mohammed Manna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> May be i didn't explain the issue clearly. I am using the same compiler as
> Tomcat (JDT compiler, not ANT).

Ant isn't a complier. It is a build tool. Ant uses javac (i.e.
tools.jar) to build with.

> When doing a standalone *ant build*, my
> pre-compilation doesn't show any 64k size error for __jspService(). But
> when I launch the application, it *does* throws error on 64k size on
> various pages.
>
> Just for the sake of comparison, I did the following:
>
> 1) Threw a purposefully generated error on ant build - captured to stack to
> see which compiler implementation it followings - JDT compiler

Show us the stack trace please.

> 2) Corrected the error above and passed the build
> 3) Deployed and launched the application.

Did you deploy the pre-compiled application?

> 4) Went to the problem page - generated the 64k error to capture the stack
> information.
> 5) The compiler implementation is the same as reported on Ant Build error
> (JDTCompiler).

If javac can compile the page without error then you should either:
a) use those pre-compiled pages
b) configure Tomcat to do on-the0fly compilation with javac.

> This is why I have been struggling to understand why the behaviour is so
> different when the compiler isn't ?

I'm not convinced you are using the compiler you think you are.

> Is there any tuning of <*javac> *task definition in ant build I can use?
> What do you recommend?

Answer the above questions.

Provide a simple as possible JSP (probably one that uses a single tag
repeatedly) that demonstrates the problem.

Mark