Mohammad,

On 5/30/17 2:13 AM, Shaik, Mohammad N. wrote:
> Thanks for the valuable input, that helps!! We shall go with
> getting the source package of Tomcat 7, put them in Tomcat 6 and
> use the filters of Tomcat 7 in Tomcat 6.
>
> Can you please let me know from where I can get/download the
> source package of Tomcat 7? Also can you please share the location
> of the source package in Tomcat 6 so that we can replace it with
> the one from Tomcat 7?

The source download for Tomcat 7 is in the same place all the other
downloads are.

You will not need the source for Tomcat 6, nor will you need to build
the complete source-to-binary for Tomcat 7. Just grab the source, take
the classes you need, and compile them against the servlet JAR you
already have for Tomcat 6. Feel free to re-name the packages if they
are awkward for you to compile/install and then just reference the new
class names in your application/server.

Remember to watch for patches to those source files in Tomcat 7 in
case they include e.g. security updates -- you'll want to apply those
same updates to the code you have taken from Tomcat 7.

A longer-term goal should be to upgrade to Tomcat 8 or 8.5. Tomcat is
backward-compatible with all spec-compliant applications, though it
does behave differently sometimes as the Servlet Experts Group has
clarified certain questions or added new capabilities (like
annotation-processing). I recommend a long period of testing with a
new version of Tomcat, but I also recommend that you begin that
testing as soon as possible. Tomcat 6 will probably receive *no
further updates, security or otherwise*, even if a vulnerability is foun
d.

- -chris

www.accenture.com