Hi folks,

On a Tomcat 7.0.67 installation on CentOS 7, I have defined a context alias in /usr/local/tomcat/conf/context.xml . This is common practice for many installations I manage, it normally works 100%.

Yet here that alias and its content are giving me 404 errors.

The context alias is called "calllogs" and points to "/home/myuser/myfolder"

Tomcat runs under myuser account.

Therefore I can't see why any entries under /home/myuser/myfolder would return a 404 when accessed through the context alias. I have also enabled dir listings, and I can't see host:8080/calllogs, it also gives me 404. It's as if the context alias is completely missing.

A different server at the same customer does not have this problem. _The only difference between the two servers is that the problematic one has a Selinux-enabled kernel. _Could this be the root cause? Selinux is set to permissive.

On the non-problematic server I can see host:8080/calllogs listing, plus all files that live under /home/myuser/myfolder, e.g. I can see /home/myuser/myfolder/myfile.txt via host:8080/calllogs/myfile.txt, as one would expect.

This problem is a show-stopper for me so I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot,

George

---