On Tue, 9/26/17, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Help needed - JPA probem - No connection specified with project
 To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
 Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 8:52 AM

 Goh <karenwo...@yahoo.com>:
 > Hi Kolinko,
 >
 > I have now removed the ResourceLink and
 left with Resource in my context.xml which is resided at
 WebContent/META-INF.

 > And this is C:\Program Files\Apache
 Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\conf\context.xml

 > <?xml
 version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 > <!--
 >   Licensed
 to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
 >   contributor license agreements.  See
 the NOTICE file distributed with

 this work for additional information regarding copyright
 ownership.
 >   The ASF licenses this
 file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
 >   (the "License"); you may not
 use this file except in compliance with
 >   the License.  You may obtain a copy of
 the License at

 >   Unless required by
 applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
 >   distributed under the License is
 distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
 >   WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
 KIND, either express or implied.
 >   See
 the License for the specific language governing permissions
 and
 >   limitations under the
 License.
 > --><!-- The contents of
 this file will be loaded for each web application
 --><Context>

 >     <!-- Default set of monitored
 resources. If one of these changes, the    -->
 >     <!-- web application will be
 reloaded.
 -->

 <WatchedResource>${catalina.base}/conf/web.xml</WatchedResource>

 >     <!--
 Uncomment this to disable session persistence across Tomcat
 restarts -->
 >     <!--
 >     <Manager pathname=""
 />
 >     -->
 >
 >     <!--
 Uncomment this to enable Comet connection tacking (provides
 events
 >          on session
 expiration as well as webapp lifecycle) -->
 >     <!--

 <Valve
 className="org.apache.catalina.valves.CometConnectionManagerValve"
 />
 >     -->

 </Context>

 And here's my web.xml :

 > <?xml version="1.0"
 encoding="UTF-8"?>

 <web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
 xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee";
 xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee
http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_1.xsd";
 version="3.1">

 <display-name>Hi5S</display-name>
 >   <welcome-file-list>

 <welcome-file>Index.jsp</welcome-file>
 >   </welcome-file-list>
 >   <resource-ref>
 >     <description>MySQL
 Datasource</description>

 <res-ref-name>jdbc/hi5</res-ref-name>

 <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
 >   </resource-ref>
 >
 > </web-app>
 >
 > The error remains the
 same and my Tomcat failed to start, despite I cleaned them
 etc etc.

 > SEVERE: A
 child container failed during start

 java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
 org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start
 component
 [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost]]

 > Could you advise how
 to go about making it work ?

 Mailing list rules:
 http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
 -> Top-posting is bad.

Ok. Tks, now I follow your requirements.

 1. See a link to Eclipse IDE FAQ here:

 https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Developing#Q6

 2. See the
 following thread on how to turn on "Publish module