Thanks for the response, Peter.
The client is not doing anything other than a simple https connection to
tomcat. The cipher sites used by the client is the default JRE 1.8 cipher
suites.
I have not configured or requesting for any particular cipher suite when
connecting to Tomcat. During the handshake, a particular cipher is
automatically selected after the client server negotiation.
The question I have is, the cipher that is automatically selected, is in the
client preference order and not tomcat order as per the attribute
useServerCipherSuitesOrder setting.
Are we on same page?

Sent from my iPhone