From: I D B Major [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 2:15 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Problem accessing two McKoi databases from Tomcat

Hi all,

please can someone confirm whether I need to clarify anything in my
question or take a different approach since I have had no replies and am
anxious to make sure I am doing all I can to seek help in the correct
way. Please correct me if my approach is wrong!

many thanks

Iain

I D B Major wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am a student trying to set up a project using JSP with JSTL custom
> tags to provide dynamic pages to allow a web-based ticketing system
> for independent cinemas. I am at the early stages of testing that I
> can use the technologies. I have installed and configured Tomcat to
> allow password protection to the site and I have embedded a McKoi
> database which I can access and use to do insert, update and delete
> queries using a test JSP page which has customised JSTL tags that are
> used to run the SQL query on the database.
>
> I am now trying to display data from two separate databases. I can get
> each to display separately but not both at once. My issues seem to be
> around the details held in web.xml which are as follows;
>
>    <context-param>
>        <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource</param-name>
>        <param-value>jdbc/mydb</param-value>
>    </context-param>
>      <resource-ref>
>        <description>DB Connection</description>
>        <res-ref-name>jdbc/mydb</res-ref-name>
>        <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>    </resource-ref>
>      <context-param>
>        <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource</param-name>
>        <param-value>jdbc/curzon</param-value>
>    </context-param>
>      <resource-ref>
>        <description>DB Connection</description>
>        <res-ref-name>jdbc/curzon</res-ref-name>
>        <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>    </resource-ref>
>
> If I change the name of either of the <param-name> then the other will
> work and allow database access to that database (ie <Resource> details
> in server.xml are correctly recorded) but the one which is altered is
> not available so that Tomcat displays an error message to say the
> table requested is not found;
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
>      select * from Film
>
>  : Table 'APP.Film' was not found.
>
> I have googled and googled, read the apache website in all areas I can
> think of to look up and have asked my tutor for help. All without
> success. I have discovered that the <param-name> given above is a
> default so I tried adjusting the names (setting first one and then the
> other to javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.dataSource.other or
> javax.servlet.jsp.jstl..otherdataSource or other.dataSource) and even
> removing the <context-param> altogether but none of these work.
>
> Please can someone point me in the right direction for how to find out
> what the <param-name> needs to be set to in order to allow two
> databases to be accessed at once?
>
> many thanks,
>
> Iain M

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this mail.