http://24.0.5.14:8081/manager/html

*tomcat-users.xml*<xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<tomcat-users xmlns="http://tomcat.apache.org/xml";
              xsi:schemaLocation="http://tomcat.apache.org/xml
tomcat-users.xsd"
              version="1.0">
  <role rolename="manager-gui"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager-gui"/>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <role rolename="manager-gui"/>
  <user username="hello" password="p4ssw0rd" roles="manager-gui"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="p4ssw0rd"
roles="standard,manager-gui,tomcat,manager-script,manager-script"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <user username="admin" password="admin" roles="manager"/>
</tomcat-users>

(I followed this <https://stackoverflow.com/a/36773669/1308453> so I
believe anyone could have access.)

Why can't I log in? I get a 401 error when I try with any these users. Do I
have them set correctly? The 401 error said I can get access by adding the
user "tomcat" like I so. I also read the documentation
<http://24.0.5.14:8081/docs/manager-howto.html#Configuring_Manager_Application_Access>
but
I must not understand. I tried running tomcat on my windows computer and
got a similar 403 error. I originally had this issue when I was trying to
integrate my Spring Boot app in Jenkins and got error

org.codehaus.cargo.container.tomcat.internal.TomcatManagerException:
The username and password you provided are not correct (error 401).

(I know it's not safe giving out passwords like this but there's
nothing on the machine I care about, and want to have the issue
resolved)