On 19/04/18 18:37, John Dale wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I have a 2006 era macbook pro with the latest osx.
>
> I run MySQL, which binds to localhost just fine when the network cable
> is unplugged and wireless turned off.
>
> Tomcat makes it through most of its startup, but hangs before
> completion

If you take 3 thread dumps ~5 seconds apart you should be able to see
where it is hanging. If you can tell us that we might be able to provide
you with some ideas to fix it or additional debug options to try.

For the record I have an OSX development laptop and I've never seen this
issue. Admittedly the hardware is rather newer.

Mark