Hello,

I am receiving errors when configuring a JNDI resource for my database
using Tomcat 5.5 on a Windoz box. I used the admin interface and entered
the following data:

in admin screen

under  Data Sources

JNDI Name= jdbc/BuilderDB

Driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Data Source URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/builder

JDBC Driver Class=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Then I made sure my driver was in

common/lib/mysql-connector-java-3.1.12

Then went to the web.xml file added my resource

web.xml

  <resource-ref>
      <description>DB Connection</description>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/BuilderDB</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

After committing the change in the admin module, it updated the
server.xml and added this the <Resource (see below).

When I try and get a jndi connection doing a lookup, I get this error
(see below).

As I read the docs for 5.5, and I do not see any examples. Does anyone
see any problems with this, or know what may cause this error?

Thanks,

Scott

error

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC
driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
 at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSo
urce.java:780)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSourc
e.java:540)
 at foo.DBTest.init(DBTest.java:23)
 at org.apache.jsp.test_jsp._jspService(test_jsp.java:51)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:332)
 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
 at
tionFilterChain.java:252)
 at
erChain.java:173)
 at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.
java:142)

Server.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Server>
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"/>
  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"/

  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreConfigLifecycleListener"
/>
  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"/>
  <GlobalNamingResources>
    <Environment
      name="simpleValue"
      type="java.lang.Integer"
      value="30"/>
    <Resource
      auth="Container"
      name="UserDatabase"
      type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
      pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml"
      factory="org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory"/>
    <Resource
      name="jdbc/BuilderDB"
      type="javax.sql.DataSource"
      password="admin"
      driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
      maxIdle="2"
      maxWait="5000"
      validationQuery="select * from test
"
      username="root"
      url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/builder"
      maxActive="4"/>
  </GlobalNamingResources>
  <Service
      name="Catalina">
    <Connector
        port="8080"
        redirectPort="8443"
        minSpareThreads="25"
        connectionTimeout="20000"
        maxThreads="150"
        maxSpareThreads="75">
    </Connector>
    <Connector
        port="8009"
        redirectPort="8443"
        protocol="AJP/1.3">
    </Connector>
    <Engine
        defaultHost="localhost"
        name="Catalina">
      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"/>
      <Host
          appBase="webapps"
          name="localhost">
      </Host>