To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 2:52 PM
Subject: Setting up SSL on Tomcat 5.5.17 - no response from Tomcat

Hi,

I have set up standalone Tomcat 5.5.17 on Windows 2000 + J2EE 5 JDK and get the default ROOT webapp. I cannot access the ROOT webapp using HTTPS.

I set up SSL using the HOW-TO: generate a self-signed JKS .keystore file and enabled the HTTPS connector in server.xml.

I'll open https://localhost:8443 in my browser, it connects (I can see it established with netstat), the browser states it is opening the page, but Tomcat does not respond, I do not get a certificate warning or the ROOT webapp.

I can't find any errors in /logs. The access log shows activity on HTTP but nothings shows for HTTPS.

I have tried changing ports between 443 and 8443,
tried explicit path for .keystore,
tried switching from TLS to SSL.

Any ideas? I tried upping logging to debug in server.xml but still no error messages.

THANKS!!
Erik