André,

I was able to use the reference you made about making tomcatAuthentication
false. With this Tomcat setting combined with HTTPD's mod_proxy_ajp proxy
rules I was able to get this working. I am still testing this but looks
clear to me that this is the solution. Thanks for the quick responses
yesterday!