Does tomcat detect or mitigate against half open tcp connections? I
recently ran into an issue where something in between a java jaxws client
and a jaxws service running in tomcat is interfering with the tcp stream.
Resolving this client side has been a challenge due the transmitting thread
hanging forever waiting to read from the remote server and not being able
to be interrupted or aborted. While troubleshooting this, it dawned on me
that services running in tomcat may run into a similar problem and was
wondering if tomcat has any safe guards for this scenario. If it does, what
is the strategy used? I'm thinking maybe I can something similar client
side.