Hi,
I simply try to match two threads...please help to discuss the problem how the Tomcat 5.5.17 handels the path attribut in the context.xml File in this thread...the otherone is named: "deployment to <filename>.war not context.xml value". This one is the olderone with already some inputs for workaround.

Thanks an kind regards
Tom

From: David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: what happens with the content.xml file
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:00:59 -0400

I'm not going to claim agreement with the developers on the behavior of the deploy path. I will say you could put version info into a <display-name> element of the WEB-INF/web.xml file if that's you're goal and it'll show up in the manager webapp without butchering your url.

--David

tom ot wrote:

Hi Pid,
thanks again for your answer. I'm not sure, but is the way I'd like to deploy my .war files so abnormal? :-) or how do you all know what version of an application actually is deployed?

Btw, I'm not sure but was that in Tomcat 5.0 different, because I asked a kollegue of mine if he has an idea how to do that and he deployed it on Tomcat 5.0 and it worked.

And another 2 questions: what do you mean by symlinks/url?
And how can I get in contact to "someone more knowledgable"? ;-)

Thanks again.
Tom