That doesn't answer any of my questions.

Which connector are you using? It could be NIO and APR/Native with that
configuration. The log files will include start-up messages for the
connectors. They will tell you what connector is in use. Better still,
paste those log messages here.

If the TLS connector is running out of threads (possible under heavy
load) there should be a log message to that effect when it happens. Is
there? Are there any other error messages in the logs?

Upgrading to latest 8.5.x?

And an additional suggestions. Next time this happens take 3 thread
dumps ~30s apart, upload them somewhere public and post the link here.

Mark