Hello,

I have successfully installed Tomcat 8.5.39 on z/OS 2.3 under USS. I use the
native IBM Java utility.  However I have to connect to a third party product
which presents a web front end with a username/password panel.
This is the error I get when I connect
zos23.intranet.XXXXXX.com:portnumber/app/#login:

HTTP Status 403 - Forbidden
________________________________
Type Status Report
Message /App/
Description The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it.
________________________________
Apache Tomcat/8.5.39

Is this purely a permissions issue with RACF or is there an error with my
config with permissible usernames.

Regards

Peter M Henriques
Support Engineer - Mainframe Support Group
D: +44-1293-872072 | T: +44-1293-872000 | www.macro4.com<http://www.macro4.com/>

[cid:image001.png@01D4E2EB.B0AA26C0]<http://www.macro4.com/>
[cid:image002.png@01D4E2EB.B0AA26C0] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/macro-4>
 [cid:image003.png@01D4E2EB.B0AA26C0] <https://twitter.com/macro_4>
[cid:image004.png@01D4E2EB.B0AA26C0] <https://www.facebook.com/Macro4.4/>
[cid:image005.png@01D4E2EB.B0AA26C0]
<https://plus.google.com/115044887053369398852>

Registered office: The Orangery, Turners Hill Road, Worth, Crawley, West
Sussex, RH10 4SS
Registered in England no: 00927588

Please consider the environment and only print this email if you really need to.

--
This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by Google Message Security
and the UNICOM Global security systems. This message is for the named