As I mentioned in other emails, I am embedding Tomcat 9 (with OpenJDK 11 on Windows 10) to serve static files from `/foo/bar`. Currently I'm not supporting Java webapps. I'm not supporting JSP. I just want to serve static files.

From your help in another thread, I called the magic "gets-but-really-creates-a-connection" method and got it working.

But now I realize Tomcat is creating this directory structur inside the "base dir" I specified:

tomcat.8080/work/Tomcat/localhost/ROOT

I don't need this directory. I don't want this directory created. How do I tell Tomcat not to create no danged directories?

Garret