On 21/04/2019 15:53, Garret Wilson wrote:
> As I mentioned in other emails, I am embedding Tomcat 9 (with OpenJDK 11
> on Windows 10) to serve static files from `/foo/bar`. Currently I'm not
> supporting Java webapps. I'm not supporting JSP. I just want to serve
> static files.
>
> From your help in another thread, I called the magic
> "gets-but-really-creates-a-connection" method and got it working.
>
> But now I realize Tomcat is creating this directory structur inside the
> "base dir" I specified:
>
> tomcat.8080/work/Tomcat/localhost/ROOT
>
> I don't need this directory. I don't want this directory created. How do
> I tell Tomcat not to create no danged directories?

The Servlet specification requires (see section 4.8.1 of the Servlet 4.0
spec) that Tomcat provides a private temporary directory for each
servlet context (web application).

The best you can do is specify an absolute path that already exists for
the Context's work directory. It doesn't need to be writeable. If you
are using it for multiple web applications you probably don't want it to
be writeable.

Mark